ABOUT

Solutions & Cases

Our Case
  • GEMCO South32

    Few other mines have a location quite like our Northern Territory manganese mine, on the island of Groote Eylandt, next to the pristine waters of the Gulf of Carpentaria in Australia’s north. We have a long history on Groote Eylandt, with mining starting here more than half a century ago and a processing plant commissioned on the island not long after.

  • Manganese Resourcing the Territory

    The Groote Eylandt manganese mine has been in operation since 1965, and has produced more than 115 million tonnes of manganese ore and concentrate to June 2018. The mine is operated by the Groote Eylandt Mining Company Pty Ltd (GEMCO), which is majority owned by South 32 Ltd. The ore is mined by shallow open-cut mining methods and is transported by road to a nearby port. Production in

  • Groote Eylandt A place to Work A Place to Play

    14/06/2014· This video was shot in the 1980's on Groote Eylandt to promote BHP-Utah Manganese mine. It also shows the Gemco employee accommodation and amenities in the township along with other areas of the

  • Groote Eylandt — Wikipédia

    Groote Eylandt (« grande île » en néerlandais) est une île australienne située en mer d'Arafura, plus précisément dans le golfe de Carpentarie dont elle est la plus grande île. C'est le pays et la propriété d'une population aborigène : les « Anindilyakwa » et l'accès à l'ile n'est pas autorisé sans la permission du conseil aborigène local, le « Angurugu Community Government Council ». Administrativement, l'île dépend du Territoire du Nord. Elle doit son nom à l'explorateur néerlandais Abel Tasman.

  • Traditional owners join forces with Chinese company to

    But the mine's operational life is coming to an end, posing a threat to the funding that supports multiple programs and services on Groote Eylandt. "The GEMCO mine is probably going to run out in

  • Major Mines & Projects GEMCO Mine

    26/01/2020· Australia Manganese consists of Groote Eylandt Mining Company (GEMCO), a manganese mining operation located in the Northern Territory, and Tasmanian Electro Metallurgical Company (TEMCO), a manganese alloy plant located in Tasmania. South32 Limited owns 60 per cent of GEMCO and Anglo American Plc holds the remaining. 40 per cent. TEMCO is wholly owned by

  • Job Sites: How to Find a stone at GEMCO (Groote Eylandt

    About GEMCO (Groote Eylandt) Mine. Manganese mine on the island of Groote Eylandt, in the Gulf of Carpentaria, Northern Territory. Quick Facts: 60% owned by South32. 40% owned by Anglo America. largest and lowest-cost manganese ore producer in the world. GEMCO comprises of: open cut strip mine; stock piling facilities; ship loading facilities;

  • Mining Groote Eylandt Destination

    Groote Eylandt Mining Company (GEMCO) is a manganese mining operation located in the Northern Territory, Australia. South32 Limited owns 60 per cent of GEMCO and Anglo American Plc holds the remaining 40 per cent. GEMCO is currently one of the largest and lowest-cost manganese ore producers in the world. GEMCO is an open-cut strip mining operation, which includes crushing, screening,

  • Groote Eylandt Wikipedia

    Groote Eylandt is part of the Arnhem Land Aboriginal Reserve. GEMCO, a South32 / Anglo American plc joint venture, operates a large manganese mine near the community of Angurugu. In operation since the early 1960s, the mine produces more than 3.8 million tonnes annually

  • Mining Groote Eylandt Destination

    Groote Eylandt Mining Company (GEMCO) is a manganese mining operation located in the Northern Territory, Australia. South32 Limited owns 60 per cent of GEMCO and Anglo American Plc holds the remaining 40 per cent. GEMCO is currently one of the largest and lowest-cost manganese ore producers in the world. GEMCO is an open-cut strip mining operation, which includes crushing, screening,

  • New agreement to extend manganese mine on Groote

    A major mining company has signed an agreement with traditional land owners on Groote Eylandt to extend its manganese mine. South 32 GEMCO already has one of the biggest manganese mines in

  • Groote Eylandt: The Aussie island rolling in cash

    The journey to the caves, however, highlights another serious challenge facing the Groote Eylandt community: lack of infrastructure. Properties in the township dominated by South32’s GEMCO mine

  • Manganese Geoscience Australia

    The Northern Territory has two manganese mines with one being located on Groote Eylandt in the Gulf of Carpentaria and the other located at Bootu Creek 110 km north of Tennant Creek. Australia's sole manganese ore processing plant is operated by TEMCO at Bell Bay in Tasmania (Tas). Resources . In 2012, Australia's Economic Demonstrated Resources (EDR) of manganese ore decreased by 5% to

  • GEMCO Mine, Groote Eylandt, East Arnhem Region,

    GEMCO Mine, Groote Eylandt, East Arnhem Region, Northern Territory, Australia : Large Mn mine. Owned by GEMCO company. Oolitic and pisolitic lateritic manganese ores. 2

  • Groote Eylandt: the island where Australian Traveller

    The roads on Groote Eylandt that don’t lead to the mine (Groote Eylandt produces a quarter of the world’s manganese) are all fiercely corrugated red dirt trails. But they lead to places Nick’s only just discovering, often just days before I do (and where else on Earth does that happen?) He’s excited today; he’s taking me to an

  • PorterGeo Database Ore Deposit Description

    The Groote Eylandt manganese deposit is located on the island of Groote Eylandt in the Gulf of Carpentaria, Northern Territory, Australia, some 50 km from the coast of Arnhem Land and 650 km ESE of Darwin. Groote Eylandt lies on the eastern margin of the Proterozoic McArthur Basin. The ore deposit is developed within flat lying Cretaceous rocks deposited unconformably on a basement of

  • Groote Eylandt Manganese Deposits In Northern

    The Groote Eylandt Manganese Deposits are in Northern Territory, Australia. The site was first discovered in 1961. The mineralization at this location is from the Lower Cretaceous epoch 145.00 to 100.50 million years ago.

  • Groote eylandt stone in All Australia SEEK

    Find your ideal stone at SEEK with 11 groote eylandt stone found in All Australia. View all our groote eylandt vacancies now with new stone added daily!